Wednesday, March 14, 2012

OMG!! Apple pie with a twist




I keep seeing this recipe for this banana toffee pie. I decided I was going to try it with apples, since I had some that needed to be used. I bought a graham cracker pie crust, a tub of whipped topping, and a can of sweetened condensed milk. You have to simmer the can, completely submerged in water, for 2 1/2 hours. Make sure you remove the label before boiling. Yes you can really cook the can!! I was kind of freaked out by this, but it works. I let it cool for an hour or so before opening the can. While it was cooling I made my own apple pie filling. Once everything was cool and ready I put the apples in the pie crust then dumped the cooked milk on top. They say it is now toffee, tasted and looked more like caramel to me. At the end you top it all with the whipped topping and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment