Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lego City....literally


Bode's 6th birthday.....hard to believe my boy is 6!!!  He is absolutely obsessed with legos and of course had to have a lego party....first the invitations, I used my cricut to cut out all of the circles for the invites and then used pop up dots to attach them to the invite.  I dated all of the invites for 2011...nice job Karrie!!

THE CAKES!!!!  That was a treat to ice....okay I hope you sense the sarcasm there!  My awesome husband ended up stepping in and icing the cakes for me!  ILU ELI!!  I baked them in loaf pans.  The only bad thing about this is that you have to bake them longer to get the middle done and then your edges end up a bit hard.  We used half of a giant campfire marshmallow for each lego dot.  You can see them in the first pic behind my awesome son!!



For snacks, we went with cheese and crackers.  The day before the party I sat down with a tip to the pastry bag and cut circles out of cheese slices of mozzerella and cheddar.  I was going to attach all of the circles to crackers with cream cheese, but when I got done cutting the circles I said forget it! LOL!  The kids, or the adults, didn't care either!  My husband has a bit of drawing ability so I got him to draw lego guy faces on all of the cups.  I went with the basic primary colors for everything (red plates, blue napkins, green tablecloth, yellow cups).  Under the cups you can see sheets of lego dots I printed off in all of the same colors to put on the tables also.


The gift bags for the kids were pretty simple!  I bought pencils, erasers, and crayons at the dollar store.  Bode helped me split everything up into the bags.  The only hard part was the coloring tablets I made for each bag.  I found free lego printable online and printed them off double sided.  I stapled the pages together at the top to a piece of cardboard for the backing.  Bode and I went through and glued a strip of blue cardstock to the tops to look like a tablet.


No comments:

Post a Comment