Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA........


WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA........



Bode asked for a Spongebob birthday for his 5th birthday......and this is what he got!  Spongebob is just a cake baked in a regular cake pan.  I simply tinted white icing for the yellow (for the sponge), green (for the swirls), and blue (for the center of the eyes).  I bought a small tube of black and red icing to use for the mouth, tie, and around the eyes.  Spongebob's pants are iced with chocolate icing and then dashed with the black like stitching at the top (it's hard to see in the picture, sorry!).  The nose......a big marshmallow!  I cut a slice off of the marshmallow and coated it in yellow icing and stuck it on his face!  (I made this cake for a couple of other parties after this one and ended up putting a toothpick in the nose for extra stability in traveling.)  I made cupcakes too because I was not sure the cake was going to be enough.  I used stickers that Bode had in a coloring book to make the cupcake pics.  I just cut out squares of cardstock and put a sticker on it with the toothpicks under the stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment